Thursday, November 20, 2008

A great illustration

I don't know if you know kids like this but I know a 7 year old little girl who can remember something she saw on tv 4 years ago. But then you tell the same girl to go put her shoes in the closet and its like she is plagued with instant amnesia. I think the perfect illustration is the Progressive Insurance commerical where she says "Its a little insurance joke. Really little. There it goes!" Well thats how I see my daughter and her instructions. "Ah, instructions ok! Oh there goes the instructions, bye bye little instructions! Now to watch tv. " Does this sound familiar to anyone else? How do I get her to focus? And stop saying " Ok! put my shoes away. OH! Shiny Object!" HELP ME!!!! I still have to go through this with 2 other children.

No comments: