Thursday, February 5, 2009

Counting my blessings

You know what? Its time to have a warm, fuzzy, happy blog entry dont you think? Because here at my home the sun is shining, my daughter is playing happily behind me, Allen FINALLY fell asleep and I have Casting Crowns playing in the background. All the makings of a peaceful moment to sit and collect my thoughts. Wont you join me????

I am very happy to be where I am right now. I have been so blessed lately. After a couple of years of burdens that were VERY hard to carry and get through we are finally feeling lighter. As I sit here realizing how awesome life is for me right now, I cant help but smile! Here's the blessings that God has blessed me with:(besides my great family)

God has blessed us with a chance to have financial peace! For the first time in 2 years we are on our way to being back on our feet! And it feels great!

I feel God calling me into serving at church. It feels great to know that God has chosen me to do something in his name.

God has blessed me with a great friend that is very special to me. I haven't had a close friend since high school and luckily we still talk from time to time(yes you lil' bit). I love having a friend to talk to and hang out with. And to be showered with taco salads! LOL!!! I love her so much! She is like a sister to me and I know that it was part of God's plan for me. And I am so very thankful to him for that. I never had a close friend like that....that wasnt some how related to me. Dont worry Gwen I still consider you a great friend!

God has blessed me with children to watch during the week, for extra money, that are awesome kids! A sweet lil baby girl that comes to hang out a few days a week. A boy that is alot like Rose and fun to have over. Sometimes we have a classmate of Rose's come over to play at times too and shes a joy to have over. And it just works out perfectly for our schedule! I still have chances to get out of the house at times and attend story time at the library with just my lil ones. Its great. I couldn't work this out this well on my own. God is a great mathmatician.

I am being given opportunities to be a light for Christ and its great! I never thought I could do anything to serve him from my home. Because I never get out much, how can I share his word from my couch? Well he has been faithful to put chances in my path to share and its great!

So all in all life is wonderful right now, despite the illnesses that are constant attacking us. I am glad to be on the happier side of life after a couple of dark years. I am stronger and wiser and God is already using those years for good. How cool is that! I am so thankful to him and give him all the glory for what hes graced me with. I couldnt accomplish any of this if it werent for God in my life. I praise him! Thank you God!

But I cant help but be a little nervous about how long this great stuff will last. So human of me! LOL!!! I just have to keep telling myself to have faith!

No comments: